If you have been following my blog closely, you would have realised that this is my second trip to Khao Yai this year. I visited the area in September with friends, and this time it was with my sister. This blog post will not include details about the places I visited during my first trip as well as safari at the National Park, so if you want to find out more about Khao Yai and how to get there, here are my other posts:
- Khao Yai Travelogue 1: Hotel La Casetta by Toscana Valley (Information on how to get to Khao Yai and the first hotel I stayed at)
- Khao Yai Travelogue 2: The Bloom, The Chocolate Factory and Farm Chokchai (Some tourist attractions)
- Khao Yai Travelogue 3: Dasada-The Flower Es’senses Resort (Second hotel I stayed in Khao Yai)
- Khao Yai Travelogue 5: Two Days Wildlife Tour in Khao Yai National Park
I have created a map to show the major attractions in Khao Yai and the relative distance between them so that you can have a rough gauge.
What To See
- Sunflowers at Saraburi Sunflower Field (November to January)
- Flowers at The Bloom
To get to Saraburi Sunflower Field, it is a slight detour from the route from Bangkok to Khao Yai. It should cost you about an additional 200 Baht if you are taking private transport. While blooming period is from November to January, the sunflowers only started blooming in December this year, so it would be good to check before going there.