Mon Bijou, an authentic French bistro has opened at Claymore Connect, formerly known as Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade. Connected to Orchard Hotel through a side door at the lobby, the first tenant you see as you pass through the doorway is Mon Bijou.
The bistro is one of the latest F&B brands by Millennium Hotels and Resorts. Featuring almost everything from appetisers to desserts in its all-day dining menu and takeaway counter, Mon Bijou has something for everyone at all times of the day (within opening hours, of course).
As we awaited for others to arrive at the pre-launch, we got to savour some of the drinks on their menu:
- Milky Sunrise: Mango ice cream, peach syrup and milk
- Gold Coast: English Breakfast Tea, rose tea and passionfruit
- Creamy Grass: Moroccan Mint Tea, mint syrup and milk
Unfortunately, I did not manage to get down all the names and the prices. However, I would strongly recommend Milky Sunrise! It was a winning combination of all three flavours. On the other hand, Creamy Grass was a let down. It looked the nicest and got the most “wows” as it appeared, but it had a strong milky taste and bland mint flavour.
The appetisers were a sight to behold! Here are some that we tried:
- Caprese Salad ($16) and Summer Greek Salad ($12)
- Smoked salmon, avocado cucumber on mini olive panini
- Truffle scrambled eggs on black & white toast
- Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce ($12)
No complaints about the appetisers. They tasted as good as they looked.